Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fateful beef

I knew I should not be eating beef. I have this funny allergy (if I could call that it); the next day beef enters my mouth - whether it finally goes down the digestive tract does not matter - I will go down with fever.

How true! I went to a HK cafe with Onion one fateful day and he ordered a mix grill platter which is supposed to contain chicken, pork and beef. He requested to change the beef to fish, which was duly obliged by the waiter. When the dish came, there were three piece of meat - two pale brown and one dark maroon. We thought it was lamb and Onion offered me a small piece. I chewed one it and did not like the taste, and spat it out. I checked the order chit and realised lamb was never in the set. The chef had not changed the beef.

I went down with fever yesterday.

No comments: