Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Suffer today

Today has been particularly suffering. I have to wake up at 630am in the morning, send my father to the airport, and I was thinking of going to SAFRA for a morning swim. When I reached SAFRA Mt Faber, the pool was not open (quite strangely at 740am), wasted trip. I made my way to the office to clear up some stuff.

ZZ came in at 830am. Good friend indeed.

I dragged my weary body through the day. Drove to Jurong Point for a MOS Burger lunch. Jenny asked me what sauces I would like to have and I ordered my usual combination of chilli sauce and mustard. The server came with every sauce but what I ordered.

When I got back to the office, Muni called me to ask whether I could help with some work, which I had to oblige, for that was not really a favour asked, but a threat issued. Keong expressed his stand that he would not be attending the dinner tonight, which is already scarce in attendance. I would not have felt so pissed if he had not told me he might be attending yesterday. Anyway, now that I know what kind of colleagues I have, I know just the distance to keep in the future. Afterall, I am not the boss, they can reject my invitation anytime. I know ZZ would accompany me for that dinner anytime, if he could make it.

On a side note, I felt disgusted by the death of Paul the Octo. I am disgusted by how human beings mourn / celebritise the death of an Octopus, a psychic one to be precise, but remain oblivious to the culling of stray dogs who can be anytime more loyal than a piece of sashimi.

Enough said, today, please end soon.

No comments: