Saturday, July 31, 2010

CCK Kittens

I walked down the staircase of the multi-storey carpark and spotted her (gender still unsure) sitting at a corner, looking out to the direction of the link hall, seemingly waiting for the return of someone dear. It's the second time I am seeing her. I stroked her, no response of hostility, and I boldly stroked her more thoroughly before picking her up.

She looked at me with those innocent eyes, totally showing no signs of unease. I held her in my hands for a couple of minutes more before returning her to her place to carry on her wait. As I am typing this, I am reminded of my Mini, who died a month ago. I wish I could bring her to depot, but the thought of separating her with her family deters me.

Everytime I see her, I will worry about her future. How will the fate of the family of felines be? Will they make the estate their new home? Or will they get adopted? Perhaps some spastic residents will file a complain with the town council who will mercilessly call in the pest control. Or will they just die one day in a traffic accident? I dare not imagine.

No comments: