Saturday, August 7, 2010

Self-discovery

There are things I cannot bear to let go. At the back of my mind, I have my paternal grandparents whom I had dedicated an essay to, which later came out in a memoir published by the National Library Board. Now, I knew I had my little memories with them on record. At the front of my mind, I had my 3 dogs and 2 cats, whom I could never stop worrying. When Daisy passed some watery motion stuff today, I suddenly recalled Apple's incident, which would forever be a pain in my heart. And whenever I see Nini, I am reminded of Mini, whom I thought I owed a good life. Rose is my loyal friend, one who never leave me when I need company. She do not tell on me, she do not mind anything I am bad for, all she ask for is my hands for licking and a nice dunk in her drinking bowl on a hot day.

I recalled my days alone in the BizIT library before the commencement of karate classes, until Shuyan came into my life, we spent a couple of months together before my training, and then she disappeared suddenly; which later turned out to be a conspiracy I do not fancy narrating. So were the solo sessions in Lot One's cinema, theatre 4 row D; I sat with my glass of chilled Ribena and New Balance sweater. As were the 2km walks to CDANS club for swims, and the walk back. Last week, I was asked the question whether I could miss my Chinese colleagues when they return to their homeland, I could not give an answer. As I think deep, I realised that the only thing that I can get used to is, perhaps, loneliness.

No comments: