Friday, October 9, 2009

Commuters of all shapes and sizes

Just yesterday, my foot experience a massive crushing by a 200 pounder lady donning white striped shirt, beige skirt, white 1-inch heels and carrying a fake LV handbag. She offer no gesture of remorse, nor sorry. In fact, she probably did not even feel it as she has been too engrossed in charging up the bus 195 among the morning crowded at Queenstown bus stop. I swore at her within me.

Today, I tap on a malay man sitting at the priority seat, signaling for him to give up his seat to a pregnant lady who just boarded the crowded MRT. I am not trying to shame that man whatsoever, on the contrary, I am holding him in high regard for his gracious action. I do not blame him for being sleeping when the pregnant lady was there because I could testify that he was sleeping way before the pregnant lady boarded the train. I wanted to pat him on the back, but decided against it because I thought he might be crossed at me for 'shaming' him. But really, I am not.

Martian is on leave again. And like always, she never fails to give trouble even from afar. And I prefer not to talk about it.

No comments: