Friday, October 28, 2011

Committed 2/2

In the last post, I mentioned that company A never called me about the phone inquiry I made about Lian Yun Gang. When I was at their brick and mortar shop, they had the audacity to discuss it as a joke.

"What gang? Lian Yun Gang? Fan Di Gang (Vatican) I heard of, not Lian Yun Gang, where is it really?"

I believe if they know that I was the one who called and ask about their joke, they would not have joked about it so openly. Anyway, I did not book to fly with them, because:
1. The ticketing officer did not know the route to Lian Yun Gang, nor did he know the airport code is LYG (I have to tell that to him).
2. He also did not know how to connect flights to LYG. How can I trust that I am getting the cheapest possible flight?

The customer service officer finally called after 2 days. And I told her that I have decided not to book with them because the price quoted to me was at least $700+. I booked with Kingdom at $570.

Anyway, I have digressed much. I was supposed to be talking about my Shandong trip and not my colleagues LYG trip. Having secured a far with company B, yet out of curiosity, I asked the lady from Kingdom to check a fare to Shandong for me. She quoted me $1000+. I shooked my head. She asked whether I have seen cheaper fares. And I nodded. She asked how much and I replied her honestly. She told me that she would search out a fare for me, if there are cheaper flights, she would give me a ring. And I left the place after booking the LYG flight.

In a mere 15 minutes, I got her call that she had found a lower fare for me and asked whether I would like to return to her shop, which I am happy to, of course. I had to cancelled Ms Lai's offer, but I think this Kingdom lady deserve my money and she worked for and earned it.

No comments: