Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What luck!

If there is any single day in my life that is truly representative of the description 'screwed', it has to be today. I woke up feeling dissatisfied with the length of my sleep, and the drizzle that lasted through dawn had not make things better.

On the way to work, I was caught in a jam at Clementi; I tried to take the expressway (and had to pay $0.50 for that decision) and was stuck for 20 minutes just to get into it (and it was only 400m away).

When I reached the workplace, I had to face a bitching colleague, which I brushed away quite successfully. Another challenge came in when another fool had to push a customer to boss because she had no common sense to carry out a simple task. Naturally, that job fool set up for boss was eventually spiked into my face. After a series of calls and fax, I had it closed and buried. However, the fool had to present me more dung for the day and that irritated me, and I left the office for the sites after clearing most of the work.

At Sin Ming site, I bought some snack for lunch. The brightly lit stall with TV show recommendation proved to be overrated, for the banana fritters were made using overly ripen bananas, making the fritter sour-tasting. What a waste of money, times four. Luckily the mineral water did not go wrong.

I was summoned by boss to collect canvas at Teck Hin, and that proved to be a consolation for the day, which was pretty short-lived. After purchasing a comfortable shot of milk tea at 'I Love Taimei', my journey to Senoko site was fraught with wrong turns, traffic jams and bad decisions. Turn after turn, I kept making the wrong turns and I never felt more sick of myself.

After the task at Senoko came to an end, I thought I could go for a swim. I had a choice between CCK public pool or Bt Batok club pool, and I chose the former. Poops happens again as I realised I had left my trunks in my pick-up and going back for them would mean that I had to pay another $1.50 for the pool entrance, and had I chose the club pool, I would not face this problem since I can enter and exit as many times as I fancy. I settled for a shower since that's about the only thing I can use. When I finished my shower, I reached for my underwear and they slip off my hands and fall onto the wet ground.

I am speechless at what luck I have today.

1 comment:

Mr Ggachi said...

when it rains, it pours. i had days like that too. when every single thing has to fark up. even the small small things. then you just stand there stunned - what the.