Sunday, August 22, 2010

2IC

On 18th August, I visited 2IC's father's wake at Jln Membina. I am a day late because I am undecided about whether I should visit the day before, hence, I was alone. But, whether I was alone or part of a crowd does not matter because the objective was to offer 2IC some mental support and to let him know that his men is concerned about his well-being.

I reach the wake at 330pm, and the place was fairly deserted. I spotted a man in No.4 and thought was 2IC, and as I approached, I realised it was Col Ang Yau Choon. Oops, wrong time to visit. I was invited to sit at that very table and 3 of us had some talk, both t he relevant and irrelevant.

I could tell 2IC was really sad, but had masked his feeling within his tough physique. But at least, he was prepared, both physically and mentally.

I left at 415pm.

No comments: