Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lousy foreman

I felt extremely pissed. Particularly so as it's a continuation from yesterday's episode. Yesterday, Huwa was supposed to collect his confiscated cellphone from the airbase at 5pm. However, his oblivion to the seriousness of the matter saw him not taking the document from the office before leaving for Lorong Chuan.

At 430pm yesterday, he called the office to speak to Martian about the document. He demanded that I send it to him because Pui was sick. Martian called me to convey me this and immediately rejected the proposal because I am at City Plaza with some work. Martian, being an idiot with Singapore's geography, said that City Plaza was nearby, which I promptly educated her with the fact. The she engage the pissed tone to press me for a solution to the whole matter, to which I responded with an equally pissed tone. Huwa said that he could not make it on time by going back to get the document and then setting off to the airbase. I responded to this arguement by saying that if he could not make it on time by going back from Lorong Chuan, then to the airbase, it would be more silly to think that I could make it on time by returning from City Plaza, and sending the document to Lorong Chuan and then making our way to the airbase.

The appointment was subsequently postponed. And I got backstabbed being labelled a "asking Huwa to go to the airbase alone, which really meant, "I leave him to die". Keong got some blame, so did Pui, the sicked.

Today, Huwa sheepishly asked that I followed him to the airbase, for he is weak in English and directions. Well, I could help him with the English part, but for the directions, I would have to seek help from Keong, which I helped Huwa asked the previous day.

After successfully getting back his phone, his tone changed. He spoke with the gusto that wasn't there before.

Back at Upper Boon Keng, Chun was attempting a dangerous roof walk to tie up corners of a canvas. We all knew that the roof was slippery with moss, and therefore, asked Chun to be extra careful, or to go the longer way for the sake of safety. Huwa did nothing more than blabbering some noise that no one understood. Chun accidentally fell on his posterior, sending a few tiles of the roof coming down. The first response that most of us had was whether Chun was alright, but, Huwa shouted something like, "See? Asked you not to do it that way! Look at the trouble you caused!"

I was extremely pissed.
The least he could do it to shut up and act blur.
I actually helped him earlier.

No comments: