Sunday, March 29, 2009

Climb


It was quite a rush decision to climb the hill once more. Seamonkey and I booked the Grassland's promotion for Genting highland. It was quite a bargain for $93 per pax. Mengkwang was the salesman and if there was any reason not to book Grassland again, it has to be him. I shall not elaborate.

The coach was expectedly dusty because of the non-leathered cushion seats. Luckily, they have a pretty strong air-con which I used to form an air curtain to direct the dust to ... a direction. Throughout the journey, it was iPod, National Geo Magazine and stoning, for me.

The weather up there was delightfully cool with showers lasting an hour or so before developing into drizzle. Then the clouds came in throngs, which just make the cool weather cooler.

Some highlights of the trip:
- basketball machines
- 1900 tickets unexpectedly vomited out of a machine and we took it
- met three Thai ladies at the theme park
- Burger King for the first 2 days
- lousy KFC breakfast
- greasy water jug in hotel room

For some reasons, I thoroughly enjoyed walking up and down the slopes, be it from Genting Hotel to First World, or from First World to the Mushroom Farm. Tiring, but satisfying. I guess, I belong to the mountains.

More pictures in a few days time.

No comments: