Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Junior

In a last minute decision to go for a short jog at Singapore Polytechnic, I had an interesting encounter. I had changed into my PT kit, and sat at a corner of the car park to put on my running shoes. A duo of SP boys approached me and sheepishly asked me whether the pick up truck belongs to me. I believe they knew it belonged to me, they were just trying to find something to start what they were about to ask. "Yes," I carried on with my shoes laces. They went on to ask whether I can help them transport some planks to the dumping area. By this time, I was about done with my laces, and I gave them the positive (How could I say no?). I could feel their sense of happiness and hope. We worked together to dump what could have been 6 big chunks of heavy planks lined with iron nails ferociously jutting out. Industriously, we completed the job in a jiffy. They jokingly ask whether I could g ive them a ride back to the pool. Well, how could I reject them? They burst into joy and hopped up my pick up truck. I dropped them safely back where we began and they thanked me profusely. And I gave them the thumbs up. I am ready for my jog.

No comments: