Monday, November 1, 2010

Complainant

I am alone at home, but I am enjoying this piece of peace. Sitting in front of my macbook, with the fan blowing away my stress and sore from the day. Siuzhen auntie just called to ask about the toilet, which I thought I had ordered. I checked with Cynthia, who affirmed me that the delivery has been made. I called auntie and told her that, settled. And why was the call made in the first place?

Never mind.

My new colleague proved more difficult that imagined. Complained about how Rose, Daisy and Wang and Nini-the-cat scare the hell out of her. Complained about how the heat in the office is melting her. Teach her, complain. Don't teach her, complain. Toilet too far, complain. Complain about this, complain about that. Not the best way to start the first work day.

Frankly, I fear more the human heart than the fangs of the deadliest serpents.

No comments: