Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today, I spanked Rose ...

... but in fact, I am the one feeling more of the pain. Rose, Daisy and Nini-the-cat are my 3 best companions in life and I realised that more so after the departure of Apple.

Rose did something disobedient today and despite my repeated showing of displeasure at her dipping or paws into her drinking dish, she ignored. I had to spank her twice, hard, on her butt, till she felt the pain and my seriousness. She then sat 2 metres away from me, looking sad. I know she will be sad, but I will not compromise her health and condone her bad habit. After what seems to be forever, well, in fact, 15 seconds or so, I called her back the usual way and she slowly made her way near. I brought the dish of water in front of her and she drank it with the right mannerism. Feeling satisfied with her performance, I stroked her headful of fur and her mood brightened up.

I believed I could say, "we patched."

No comments: