Wednesday, December 2, 2009

StomperS

Today, on my way to see Rose and Daisy and Nini-the-Cat, I witness a grouchy old fellow and a young madam. These two characters are 'Stompers'. Plainly describing, they are people who took photos of events in the public that irk themselves (often with their handphone cameras) and then post them online.

While I do not know what the young madam is shooting at, I was attentioned by her loud tell-tale camera shutter sound "Kacheek". About a dozen people turn their head towards her and she bury herself in embarrassment.

Grouchy uncle (in orange checkered shirt and blue denim jeans) is more explicit. From the moment he boarded the train at Jurong East, he showed his dissatisfaction at anything and everything. Shaking his head to express disappointment, reaching his neck to check whether people filled up the empty space - butt to pubic. Which was what a lady in her thirties did to me. I was ok with the butt to pubic, although I prefer not, but it was her bun of hair that got me choking. Anyway, back to the uncle, he alighted at Dover station.

I look forward to more of his company in the morning rush.

No comments: