Saturday, July 18, 2009

Good gracious

I wrote this with my E63 onboard a train bound for Jurong East from CCK.

Even the most pretty lady can resemble an orc when she wears the mask of fear, guilty of something.

On the 18th Jul 2009 (now and today), a chinese national carry a child in hand is standing in the uncrowded MRT carriage. The shakey train cause her imbalance, short of falling.

Yet, dearest Singaporean - young and old, man and women (to be fair) - cannot seem to move their golden posterior off the seats for her. One lady even attempts to look away when I look in her direction, and that look of guilt is pricelessly ugly.

Ask me, why do I not help her get a seat. I always support the idea of 'want something, ask for it'. What totally blew me off is when a pregnant lady ranting her sorry state off online when she did not even open her miserably mouth for a seat. In today's encounter, that woman is perfectly fine with not getting a seat donated to her.

Gracious Singaporean? Good gracious, Singaporean.

No comments: