Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Mistress

I am soaked in disappointment. Not that it is the first time in this career, if I can use this word 'career' to describe the state of affair I have been in since graduation. I realised, whatever I am doing is akin to a mistress of a married man. No matter how good my proposal is, no matter how much effort was spent into the preparation work, it would always lose to a priority lane user, aka, the lawful wife. I have been 'selling' the idea of a new product to my boss for no less than 2 years. Proven, Safe, productive, profitable is the prospective addition. Yet, I am always brushed off with a feeble excuse. Alas, there comes a PIC scheme where the government would subsidise some of the cost involved in the procurement of this product. I got words from the boss that if we manage to secure the funding, then the product is worth purchasing. I scratched my head, I know for this product to meet the funding criteria, much creative and effort will needed to draft a convincing proposal to the relevant authority who will approve/disapprove the funding. I finally set my direction and plunged into the sculpting of the ultimate proposal. I wrung my brains and strained my eyes to create the illustration. I was finally rewarded with the approval letter today. I just need to show the approval to my boss, who should be so satisfied that we got this approval. Lo and behold. It was not to be. The proposal is destined to be chucked aside for funds will be allocated for another purchase.

No comments: